Perspectives & Modalities: I practice powerful touch based forms of acupuncture diagnosis and treatment. They are global styles derived from Classical Chinese, French and Japanese schools of thought and synthesized by American practitioners treating American patients. I incorporate multiple healing perspectives and complementary modalities into my approach to helping my clients find relief and improvement. They include: 5 Element & 5 Spirit Energetics, Reiki, Cranio-Sacral therapy, Chakra healing, Tui Na bodywork, Qi Gong, Moxibustion, Cupping, Gua Sha, dietary counseling and Integrative Hypnosis.
Urban Clinic Experience: I worked in the Tri-State College Community Clinic in NYC for 2 1/2 years and treated patients experiencing symptoms ranging from diabetic neuropathy, IBS, withdrawal, cancer, to headaches. In that clinic we had the opportunity to bring relief and comfort to people suffering from fear or anger - isolation and anxiety around their health. During the thousands of clinical hours I witnessed the magical release of so many people from the dark degrading clutches of trauma, stress and pain. I want to continue that work for the rest of my life.
Education - Masters of Science in Acupuncture
Tri-State College of Acupuncture- 80 Eighth Ave. Manhattan, NY
- Courses of Interest:
- Acupuncture Physical Medicine
- Trigger Point Needling
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Ear Acupuncture (NADA) for smoking, weight loss & trauma
- Clinical Neurology
- Pathology & the Biomedical Disease Model
- Muskuloskeletal Structural Evaluation
- Medical Anthropology
- Complementary & Integrative Medicine
- Chinese Dietary Theory & Practice
- Integrative Hypnosis - Melissa Tiers
1 year - Alchemical Healing with Lorie Dechar LAc. & Master Acupuncturist & Zen student. Blue Hill, Maine
2 years - Sacred Herbs - Community Building Apprenticeship with Karen Rose Master Herbalist & Apothecary. Brooklyn, NY
Tabitha Silver MS, L.Ac.
I am a Free Range Acupuncturist. I want you to breathe easy and be free.
Becoming a Licensed Acupuncturist is the best thing I ever did with my life. Through Acupuncture, I strive to help people make their daily lives more remarkable. Our bodies are our tools for success and experience - we have to care for them.
It's your Story, and your Body.
Everything we do with our bodies and everything that happens to us is written - like the grain of a tree - in our connective tissue, deep in our muscles and stored in our bones. Life & living - reverberates throughout our nervous systems - like waves - and affects our future ability to live and practice well.
Acupuncture can unwind you from the holding patterns that stress, accidents, hard work and family history have bound & contorted you into. Life is in our bodies and living is through our bodies - sometimes we get stuck. Come get unstuck. Reconnect with your body and the story that is within it. Come feel how to thrive wherever life takes you!
Walk with Herbs
I believe in the transformative power of herbs - there is magic in taste. I hope that I can ultimately create an environment that brings together energy work and bodywork with my all time love local, organic, tasty nourishing food! Check out my shop Forgotten Language Herbs.
* Goal : It is my hope to practice acupuncture and herbs in a way that helps people indulge in healing, care for their body and transform their own lives. As a native New Yorker I'm particularly concerned with supporting New Yorkers, fresh or life-long, through the unique stress of our frenetic home. I'd like to one day soon practice in the Jay Sharp Volunteer House at Riverside Park in Manhattan - it get beautiful sunlight and looks out on the Hudson in my favorite park.